Getting ready for an interview can be hectic, because many times you do not know how to get that perfect look. This is quite important because many times you are unable to succeed in your interview in spite your great efforts and performance because of a bad impression of your dress code without proper solid tie.
The following list shall give you a good idea of how to dress for a job interview.
- Suit – You can wear a conservative two piece dark grey or dark blue business suit could be an ideal wear on the day of your job interview.
- Shirt – A white, long sleeved dress shirt that is neatly pressed and if it has a good fit it would be the best.
- solid tie – Try to go for a plain colored, non distracting, conservative dark blue or dark red neck tie made of 100% pure silk.
- Tie accessories – A classic silver tie bar will ensure that your tie is held at its place during the interview process so that you are not forced to adjust it several times that could also make you nervous during the interview process.
- Shoes – Wear clean and polished conservative dress shoes, black lace ups if possible could be a great choice.
- Socks – Dark socks, black would be ideally suited for the interview.
- Belt – The belt should match the color of your shoes so try to go with a black one if possible.
- Hair – Make sure that you get a well groomed hairstyle before the interview and also be aware that short hair always fares best in interviews.
- Beard – The beard needs to be shaved off.
- Mustaches – Mustaches could lead to a negative impact but though you have one try to keep it clean and trimmed.
- Fingernails- Keep your fingernails clean and trimmed because you are judged from top to bottom by the interviewer.
- Rings- No other rings except wedding and college rings are acceptable.
- Earrings and piercing- If you have earrings and other visible body piercing, you should take it off on the day of interview.
- Body odor and fresh breath – Always make sure that you do not smell badly and chew some gum before the interview but never during the interview.
- Perfumes and colognes – Keep your perfume and cologne to a minimum.
- Briefcase – Take along a brief case with notepad and pen for any kind of notes you may have to take during or after the interview.
To avoid any sort of inconvenience try to prepare solid tie relevant to your look one day in advance of the interview.